Lawrence & Schiller is seeking a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated Finance Intern to work in a team-environment. Located in Sioux Falls, SD, L&S is the leading advertising and interactive marketing agency in the upper Midwest, providing market intelligence, creative innovation and impactful results for regional and national clients.
The ideal candidate must exhibit a solid understanding of accounting/financial principles (preferably within an advertising agency environment) and have strong initiative to go beyond the call of duty, performing tasks with great precision. Candidates must also have strong analytical skills, be experienced in customer communication and reporting, and possess excellent time management skills. We're looking for a positive team player who has the flexibility to work independently and possesses strong business ethics and dependability. If you're a quick learner and are ready to jump in and work hard, we'll give you the training you need to ensure success.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions for assigned clients.
- Initiates and develops project estimates for client approval based on client need and the agency's stated financial practices.
- Performs functions relating to posting, tracking and paying supplier bills for the agency or within a client team environment.
- May also perform functions relating to generation of, posting and tracking client invoices and payments.
- Understands core business rules and accounting principles and proactively helps teams and/or agency remain on financial track.
- Responsible for ensuring agency business practices and rules are communicated, documented, executed and enforced by internal team members.
- The position prepares accurate accounting reports as requested for the client and agency management.
- Other financial tasks as needed – initiates and performs research, develops detailed reports, mines statistic reports to unveil significant facts, reviews industry reports to identify best practices and trends, and other support efforts as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field preferred.
- Good time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity.
- Must display reasoning ability exhibited by critically analyzing processes and procedures and proactively looking for ways to improve overall agency or team financial performance.
- Ability to quickly adapt to, and share, new information to positively influence the agency's operational practices.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.