If you have a way with words, we'd like a word with you. L&S is looking for a Copywriter to join our fast-paced, team environment to create concepts and copy for some of the region's leading brands. A Copywriter works across disciplines to brainstorm campaign ideas, create copy for all media, proof and edit content, and apply creative thinking to tell stories in new, engaging ways that connect with audiences.
WHO YOU ARE
A Copywriter is a problem solver who can translate a client's benefit or services into a compelling, persuasive message. They love writing and are skilled at summarizing ideas for clarity, varying writing style and tone, developing original ideas and knowing when to use a colon vs. a semicolon. At the same time, Copywriters are organized, juggling several projects and staying on top of timelines and team communication. See others who do this job.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Write persuasive copy for all media including video, social media, print, radio and more.
- Take direction from a creative brief and translate it into imaginative, original ideas that connect with a target audience and impact client goals.
- Brainstorm with team members around campaign themes, tactics and more.
- Present concepts and copy to a Creative Director or Senior Copywriter, explaining and defending your ideas.
- Have an eye for detail, proofing and editing copy for spelling, grammar, sentence structure, tone and style.
- Research clients and their industries to understand products, audiences and competition.
- Take feedback and revise copy as directed by a Creative Director, team members or a client.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of pop culture, advertising trends and industry news to write content that's modern and relevant.
- Work well under pressure, juggling several projects at once and hitting deadlines.
- Collaborate with a team, communicating project status and working with the design team to conceptualize visual direction.
- Pursue learning and growth opportunities to improve writing skills and bring new ideas to the team.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in advertising, journalism, communications, English or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A portfolio of work or writing samples is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Prior experience in an advertising agency environment is a plus