L&S recently held its annual rally to raise funds for the Sioux Empire United Way. This year’s theme was “Homecoming 2014″. The staff played games related to school subjects to build enthusiasm and help raise the funds necessary to meet our 2015 goals.
Everyone at L&S was assigned to a team. Each day during the week, their teams competed in a different game:
- Monday was art class. Our ability to draw was put to the test as we played Pictionary.
- Tuesday was gym class where the participants got their workout for the day.
- Wednesday we competed in a spelling bee.
- Thursday was science class. We tested the laws of physics, building towers out of spaghetti noodles and marshmallows.
- Friday was our coronation and the crowning of our Homecoming King and Queen
The week also included a “Kiss the Pig” contest. Staffers were asked to vote for the vice president they wanted to see kiss a pig on coronation day. They could cast their vote by placing money for the United Way into a jar labeled with that person’s name. VP of Client Services Micah Aberson won the honor with $95.01 in his ‘donation’ jar.
Throughout the week’s games, and the generosity of our employees, we raised $54,000 for the United Way. As an organization, L&S maintained 100% participation with 29 Heart Club and 15 Rising Heart members. Giving back to the community is always rewarding. But rarely, if ever, is it more fun than the United Way rally week at L&S.